Sunday, January 22, 2012

January 2012 Update

It has been a very long while since I posted here. The memorial concert for Somary did go on last year though the venue was changed at the last minute. This may have been due to a letter I wrote to Archbishop Dolan. I am certain that there are many survivors out there. Somary was a powerful man and his influence and control likely continues over people. Some seem to feel that he gave so much to them in terms of musical experience and education that to come forward about being molested would be a betrayal. I believe we are about to see some very important developments in the process of the truth being revealed.

5 comments:

  1. Hi EB, I read the article on NYTimes and I came to your blog. You have been incredibly brave. I really hope you'll feel better someday. Just know that there's someone out there who is praying for you and with you. Take care.

    Best regards,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also read the article on NYTimes and found your blog :)You are incredibly strong. I'll be praying for you too.

    Cari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto above,

    It is such a shame that such truths are intentionally hidden to "save face." As humans, we all have faults and weaknesses, and we should all support one another in overcoming these difficulties, no matter how tragic or shocking - especially in an educational atmosphere. Clearly evils exits, there is no denying so. Therefore, educate of such evils.

    I wish for all of those who have been on either side, those who choose deliberately to victimize young minds and those who are so unfortunate to be the victim, I wish all of you find solace and truth in life and overcome these human burdens by learning about yourselves and accepting life in its fullest.

    Have no fear, for we all wind up in the same place in the end.

    - PT

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is no shame in what happened to you - no more than someone should be ashamed if they are hit by a car through no fault of their own. You are a survivor.

    ReplyDelete